Tuesday 3 February 2009

Welcome - the first post...

Hello! Welcome to this new blog - my first forray into this medium, but I think it will be fun for me, and hopefully fun and interesting for you, too.

The idea of this blog is to chart the planning and progress of a motorcycle Road Trip I'm going to take around the USA (and maybe a bit of Canada too). This is scheduled for April/May/June 2011 - around the time of a big birthday for me: yes, I'll be 21....... again...... for the 29th time......
How scary is that??? - I still feel like I did when I was nineteen - what the hell happened? (Older, fatter greyer - that's what!). But anyway - back to the point:

Yes, so I'm going to be 50 in a couple of years, and typical of many males my age, I feel a mid-life crisis coming on - the need to prove that I'm not really as old as the number of years would suggest. But instead of getting a convertable Porche and a pnumatic blonde girlfriend half my age (or maybe younger would be better???), I've decided that I will try to fulfil a dream I've had for many, many years, and that is to ride my motorbike from Chicago to LA, on the historic Route 66.

And since I'll be over there, I might as well add some other bits of road on too, but no doubt I'll talk about route planning in many a later post.

So, in short, this blog will chart the planning, and execution of this trip of a lifetime, including the decisions that will have to be made, and the trials & tribulations along the way - I'm sure there will be plenty!

If you have done this already, please let me know your experiences - maybe I'll learn from them? If you haven't, but long to, then maybe this will inspire you....

No comments:

Post a Comment